Afternoon Light Texture Collection | Photoshop Textures Tutorial | kimla designs

Tuesday, 3 June 2014

I love textures, I really do, and I'm using them a lot ! 


Wonder how I edited this image?



The first thing - the SOOC. It was golden hour session, the sun was just divine, I had lovely model to work with and believe me, this location is to die for, specially on Summer months. 


The SOOC image is "correct" but the colors are flat and this lovely sun behind the model is just no interesting.

My first steps are always clean editing, so I fixed the contrast & levels here. Still, there is no "wow" effect here.



I used Afternoon Light Textures to make this image shine. I added 5 new layers of textures over my image and played with mode and opacity a little.

1. Sweet Berry Texture - Mode: Soft light- Opacity 100%. I erased Texture over the model face and rest of the body by using a soft eraser brush.

2. Hazy Sky    - Mode: soft light - Opacity 100% and again I erased Texture over the model face and rest of the body by using a soft eraser brush.

You will see now how your image has changed. These two textures are quite soft and I decided that 100% will be just fine, but you can change the opacity for lower. Everything depends really on the image, and how you like your texture overlay to be visible.

The next 3 Texture layers will give you even more beautiful, rich, golden hour light mood. Don't be afraid to play with opacity though.

3. Golden Hour - Mode : Soft light - Opacity 100% . I used Filter/Blur/Gaussian blur/max radius blur on this layer texture.

4. Strawberry - Mode : Soft light - Opacity 100% and again I used Filter/Blur/Gaussian blur/max radius blur on this layer texture. I'm in love with the soft, warm light

5. My Extra Special Light Layer  - Warm Light Overlay : Mode : Screen - Opacity 100%

* before you merge your image, feel free to play with the layers and opacity and find what best works for you. 

* I'm working on PS CC, but these textures will work with any editing program that allows to use layers (PS,PSE, PSP, GIMP)



Will work with any editing program that allows to use layers (PS,PSE, PSP, GIMP)


You will find 2  additional recipes there.














Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Kimla Designs and Photography. Design by FCD.