Falling Leaves Overlays Free Tutorial


Fall is here!  I must say it's my fav time of the year, with all these gorgeous colours and light around.
 Falling Leaves  Photo Overlays are just perfect little addition to any fall images. If you like to play and use Photoshop in a more creative way be sure to check them out.

Wonder how to use these fun photo overlays? Here is my way.

This portrait has been hand edited in PS. I cropped a lot and made a simply clean editing in PS + some delicate retouch and yes I made red hair :) cause I know that my model love this colour.

 Few textures have been added as well {Golden Hour & Soft Pink Textures from Golden Hour Collection}  to give the pic more dimension and warm light. 

I love rich tones and I'm using textures a lot. You can check my previous Photoshop Texture Tutorial here.


here is how this pic looks like after my play with Photo Overlays:



I just placed few photo overlays on my picture layer and erase everything over the model's face. Here I'm using both Falling Leaves & Dancing Leaves overlays. My two top layers are Dust & Wind overlay which you will find in Dancing Leaves and Warm Light overlay from Golden Hour Collection.


When you open photo overlay file you will see that each of them has been saved on a transparent background.



PNG files will work with any editing program that allows using layers (PS, PSE, PSP, GIMP). 
This is just a tool, so don't be afraid to play with it - change the colours, opacity or light mode for lighter or darker look, mix and match them. You can create a really unique look with them. Few examples below: